Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of using Coal are given below. So let us find out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Coal which are discussed one by one:
Some of the Advantages of Coal are:
- Coal is cheaper than other source of energy or othe fossil fuel such as petroleum, natural gas etc,.
- Coal is easy to burn and also used for household purposes.
- The process of transportation of a Coal is easy and High pressure pipelines or other extra security are also not required.
- By-products of burning coal can be used by other industries.
- Coal is one of the abundant source of energy compared to other source of energy such as petroleum or natural gas.
- Power station of a coal can be build at any place where large amount of coal is available.
- Storage and handling of coal is easy.
- The capital investment of coal in almost all the power plants is low.
- The coal is being used for electricity production.
- Electricity generated using coal is reliable.
Some of the Disadvantages of Coal are:
- Coal energy is a Non renewable and fast depleting form of energy, if it is continually used then it will eventually run out one day.
- Coal Mining process pollutes air and damages the environment.
- Coal miner have to wear mask during mining, because coal is dangerous to health.
- Burning coal is not environment friendly.
- Carbon emitted form coal may result in climate change and global warming.
- Local wildlife is affected due to cold mining.
- Coal burning may also cause pollution to the environment like acid rain.
- We know that coal burning is not environmental friendly because it generates harmful products such as nitrogen, sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide.
- Coal burning may also ruin ecosystem.