Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Natural Gas are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Natural Gas which are discussed one by one:
Some of the Advantages of Natural Gas are:
- Natural gas is generally used in house for heating and cooking purpose and for running various types of household appliances.
- Natural gas is also used to generate electric power.
- Natural Gas is less harmfull compared to Coal , Petroleum or Oil.
- Instant energy can be generated by burning natural gas.
- Natural gas can also be used to produce hydrogen for industrial use.
- It is also used to produce ammonia for fertilizers.
- Transport and storage of natural gas is easy compared to other non-conventional source of energy.
- Natural gas is cheaper compared to other source of energy.
Some of the Disadvantages of Natural Gas are:
- The Natural gas are toxic and flammable. Leaks of natural gas are very dangeorus.
- Like other fossil fuels, natural gas is also non renewable forms of energy.
- The infrastructure or the installation cost of the natural gas plant is very expensive.
- Natural gas is highly flammable , need to take care during transportation of natural gas from one place to another.