Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Petroleum are discussed below. So let us check it out some of the advantages and disadvantages to know more about Petroleum which are discussed one by one:
Some of the Advantages of Petroleum are:
- Petroleum or Oil has a very high energy density.
- Vehicles such as cars or bikes uses petroleum to run faster.
- The extraction process of oil or petroleum is very easy.
- Less technical and physical effort is required during extraction of petroleum.
- Petroleum oil has wide area of applications compared to other fossil fuels such as coal or natural gas.
- Petroleum in the liquid form is easy to transport.
- Petroleum is available in abundant amount and it is very easy to use.
- Petroleum is the constant power souce and reliable.
Some of the Disadvantages of Petroleum are:
- Resources of the petroleum are limited.
- Like other fossil fuels petroleum is also non renewable source of energy.
- While burning petroleum , greenhouse gases are generated and causes environmental pollution.
- Petroleum or oil are also flammable hence it must be handled with care.
- Sometimes the waste oil is dumped into the ocean by many industries, it affects ocean and marine life.