Some of the Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Energy are as follows. So let us check it out information on advantages and disadvantages to know more about solar energy
What is solar energy?
The light and the heat from the sun is converted into electricity with the help of photovoltaic cells or solar panels. Solar energy is one of the fastest growing and environmentally friendly and sustainable trend in renewable energy.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- In Agriculture the Solar Energy can be used for drying crops, space or water heating and for pumping water.
- With the help of Solar energy the quality of air improves and hence reduces the air pollution in the atmosphere.
- Storage and transportation of solar energy in the form of cells is easy.
- Biomass is also one of the widely used renewable source of energy like solar energy to keep climate clean.
- Investment in a solar energy plant is a smart investment that will benefit the business in long term.
- Conservation of solar energy is easy and simple.
- Solar energy can be converted into electricity with the help of photovoltaic (PV) cells which helps to drive cars without the use of other type of fuel.
- The rays of sun is converted into heat energy with the help of solar cooker and can be used for cooking food.
- In Chemical Engineering various techniques are developed by the chemical engineers to make effective use of solar energy and wind energy.
- Carbon Emissions can be prevented by using solar energy to keep environment clean.
- Solar desalination is one the technique in which solar energy is used to desalinate water.
- Most of the Developing Countries have started using renewable energy sources such as solar energy, wind energy , biomass and geothermal energy in order to reduce the use of non renewable energy.
- The main advantages of solar energy is generation or production of electricity by using sun light.
- Solar energy is environment friendly and keeps surrounding free from pollution.
- Economy of the developing countries can also be improved by taking maximum advantage of solar energy.
- The environmental Impacts of solar energy are also be studied before construction of solar power plant.
- Examples of solar devices includes: solar cooker, solar water heater, solar calculator, solar wrist watch etc.
- Fluid Circulation can also be carried out by the use of solar energy.
- Solar energy also plays an effective role in farming.
- Solar energy helps to reduce the consumption of non renewable energy sources such as fossil fuels, coal, petroleum.etc.,
- The solar energy does not contribute to global warming (increase in the earth's surface average temperature) or acid rain.
- Government started awareness regarding solar energy to make maximum use of it.
- GDP can also be impoved by using solar energy in maximum industries instead of fossil fuels.
- By using solar energy it helps to reduce emission of green house gas and ultimately prevents Greenhouse Effect.
- Geothermal Energy is the heat which is generated from the earth is as type of renewable energy like solar energy.
- Grid parity is used in the field of solar power
- Solar energy is a type of green technology which keeps nature clean.
- Hydropower and solar energy both are forms of renewable source of energy.
- Solar energy can also be used for hydrogen production.
- Solar heat can be transferred to batteries.
- Solar energy helps the environment by keeping it free from pollution.
- Kinetic energy can also be produced using solar energy.
- Life on earth is only possible due to presense of solar energy.
- Nanotechnology materials are used in solar power plants to make effective use of energy.
- Nuclear power by the nuclear reaction is used to generate nuclear energy which is used to generate heat like solar energy.
- Natural gas and Solar energy both are good choice for electricity production.
- NASA also uses solar energy for space exploration.
- Solar energy causes no pollution.
- Solar energy is a clean and renewable source of energy.
- Solar radiation is a radiant energy which is emitted by the sun is used as solar enegy.
- Solar energy not only saves non renewable resources but also prevents the side effects of it such as pollution.
- Research and development on solar energy is also carried out by many countries to keep earth clean.
- For rural development solar energy plant plays an important role.
- Solar cells used here makes no noise at all hence no noise pollution.
- There are no moving parts in the solar cell and very little maintenance is required for running solar cells.
- Once the solar panels are installed then the solar energy can be produced free of charge.
- Solar energy is clean ,sustainable and also helps to protect our environment.
- Solar energy can also be stored in the form of solar cells.
- Science and technology uses solar energy to save other forms of energy.
- Tidal energy which is produced from the waves of ocean is also renewable form of energy like solar energy.
- Thermal energy can be generated using solar energy to heat fluid to high temperature.
- Vitamin d comes from the sun light hence solar energy provides vitamin d is good for health..
- Electric vehicles can also be operated using solar energy.
- Wind energy and Solar energy are both available in abundance.
- Solar energy helps to drive the water cycle with different temperatures which ultimately allows or causes the winds to blow.
- Windmill powered solar panel are also available.
- Wind power is other form of renewable energy which also depends indirectly on solar energy. Both form of energy are dependent on each other.
- Solar enegy can also be used for purification of water with the help of solar devices.
- Solar energy can also be used to synthesize carbohydrates into mitochondria.
- Solar water heater are available which uses solar energy to provide hot water.
- One of the use of solar energy is to produce wine in chile.
- It can also be used to produce energy rich compounds in structure.
- Solar energy can also be used in automobiles as an alternative of fuel
- Energy from the sun or solar energy is absorbed by the plants and used as a fuel by the process of photosynthesis.
- Solar energy directly and indirectly helps animals and human beings to survive on this earth.
- Now people started designing the buildings to make effective use of solar energy.
- Now a days solar energy is also used to run different electric gadgets such as calculators or wrist watches.
- Solar cell phone charger are also available in the market to charge mobile phone batteries.
- Solar power refrigerator uses solar energy for the purpose of refrigeration.
- Irrigation can anlso be done using solar powered pumps which uses PV or solar cells.
- Solar power panels for home are also available which helps to reduce the cost of electricity bill.
- Solar water heater are generally used in hotels to heat water.
- Various appliances can be used in kitchen which uses solar energy to run.
- Solar energy helps to decrease carbon footprint.
- Various solar powered vehicles such as solar cars, solar buses, solar boat are used to move objects and can be used for transportation.
- Solar power can be used to charge batteries so that solar power devices can be used at at night for outdoor lightning or street lights.
- In the remote areas where it is not feasible to extend the electricity power grid, solar energy can be used.
- Satellites in space also uses solar energy to transmit signals.
- The large roof of schools and universites is used to install solar panels which helps to produce electricity.
- In villages and in the rural areas the electricity generation from solar energy is one of the effective method.
- Now a days people from worldwide started understanding the importance of solar energy and have started using it.
- In ancient times people were dependent on solar energy.
- For domestic use solar energy is one of the effective source of energy.
- Solar energy is one of the abundance form of renewable energy.
- Solar power equipments are available easily in the market.
- Various experiments are going on these days to make effective uses of renewable energy such as solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy etc.
- It reduces production of various pollutants.
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Generation of electricity highly depends on specific countries or location where exposure of sun light is high.
- It also depends on climatic condition or climate change.
- The entire process of solar energy generation depends on weather.
- Long procedure of installation of solar power plant.
- Solar panels will stop generating electricity during power outages hence generation of electricity is not continuous.
- Solar panels which uses solar energy to produce electricity are expensive during installation.
- The supply of sunlight is not always constant so we need to use other source of energy during night or cloudy days.
- Does not harness in rainy or monsoon season.